100 Words on a Saturday - The Shadow of Your Smile

I love these short prompts that force you to make each word count which is what a good writer should do anyhow.

I wrote 100 words exactly. Hooray!


100 Words on Saturday - Write Tribe
Henry looked around the crowded coffee shop. When Claire had suggested they meet, he’d hesitated, even though they’d been Facebook friends for years.

What if she couldn’t get past his disability?

She’d said she’d be wearing a big sunhat with a flower on it.

He searched the room and finally saw her.

“Claire, it’s me Henry,” he called out as he navigated his wheelchair through the cramped aisle.

From underneath the gaudiest hat imaginable, a beautiful woman smiled and his heart raced.

She got to her feet and walked towards his voice, guided by the tapping of her white cane.


Comments

  1. Aww..this is just too sweet, Cathy. So glad that it's the last thing I read tonight! I'll be smiling in my dreams now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Corinne. Glad you enjoyed it. You know me and sweet love stories. Can't resist them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, ChoccieMA. Are you sure you don't want to be my agent? ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this warm story! I would love to read the sequel.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Glenda. Guess I'd better get busy and write it then. Hehe!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes our fears are so unfounded. Beautifully depicted, sweetly told and made me joyful. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for writing on my prompt.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Suzy. I always enjoy your blog posts. They're so thought provoking and touching.

      Delete
  5. Soo beautiful! When we overcome our fears and seek love then it's a happy happy ending! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Me. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet story!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, Kathy. Glad you liked the story.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Afshan. Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  8. This brought me a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it damyantiwrites. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Now this is truly beautiful. Thank you for writing such a thoughtful piece. You made every single word count :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bhavya. I enjoyed writing to such a tight word limit. Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  10. A nice love story showing faith of lovers towards each other...Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job. That's a wonderful flash fiction story.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wow and wonderful shortie:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference