UBC Day 18 - My Five Favourite Blogs

I am doing this post in response to Write Tribe's Wednesday prompt http://writetribe.com/ asking about our five favourite blogs. I like many more than just five so it was hard to narrow it down, but I finally managed. 

Suzy’s blog is full of simple wisdom on how to live your life with more joy and contentment, and less worry and guilt. I always get inspired each time I read one of Suzy’s posts or see her inspirational poetry and lovely photos. I feel like I’ve had a therapy session. Thanks, Suzy. You help me put things in perspective and get into a positive frame of mind. How much do I owe you?;)

I enjoy Laurel Reagan’s blog Alphabet Salad. It’s always so eclectic with uplifting, thought-provoking posts and wonderful artwork and photos by Laurel. I love those zentangles, Laurel. They’re so much fun!

Debbie Doglady’s blog is fun and upbeat. She often posts about her many travels accompanied by gorgeous photos. She is very funny and pokes gentle fun at things like aging. I’m still laughing at her parody of the Bee Gee’s song “Tragedy” which she renamed “Gravity.” She likes to reminisce about the good ol days which I always enjoy. She is also very helpful with tips about blogging and how to use blogging platforms, Blogger and Wordpress.

I always enjoy Shailaja’s posts full of useful advice and humourous anecdotes about motherhood or her imaginative short fiction at http://shailajav.wordpress.com/. I can tell Shailaja is a no nonsense type of lady who likes things efficient and in order. I can also tell she has a heart of gold and a great sense of humour. She isn’t quite as stern as she lets on (but watch out for those pointy-toed boots, though.) Like Vidya, she is always there to support fellow bloggers with helpful advice and encouragement. 

Vidya’s blogs are always chock full of helpful information, with a good dose of humour and affection thrown in. I always learn so much from her. I can feel her genuine warmth and appreciate the generosity she shows to other bloggers. She and Corinne are great Tribe moms at Write Tribe and we know we can come to them for help and support at any time. I credit Write Tribe for keeping me writing as everyone is so kind, helpful and supportive.

Comments

  1. Reading other blogs are an inspiration. I shall definitely check out these you have mentioned here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including me in this list of distinguished bloggers, Cathy! They are all great and it's an honour to be among them. Glad you liked "Gravity", In the same vein, Dead Tree in the Middle of the Yard might bring a smile. ☺ Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the best bloggers here...great going! :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Cat - I really appreciate your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Cat for mentioning my blog and for the very kind words. Glad you find my posts inspiring. That makes my writing so worthwhile. I love your blog too. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blogs selected by you are really marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, Cat, are a darling. I am deeply honored by the mention. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much, Cat :) I love you for the mention and I adore your blog as well. You are a wonderful writer and incredible blogger. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an informative collection of blogs. All great ladies and great bloggers. You can't get enough of their work.
    It is really difficult to narrow it down to 5 blogs but a good list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference