I is for "Introverts can have Influence and Impact" #AtoZChallenge

As a misunderstood Introvert, this poem is close to my experiences and written from the heart. Glad to see we're being more valued and understood, instead of being labeled as shy, aloof or stupid which I've often had happen in the past. Often we get dismissed before we even get a chance to show how great we are. 

INTROVERTS ARE FANTASTIC, right! Good! Glad we all agree on that. Proceed! 


Extroverts like to steal the show, they like to cause a riot
Introverts like to be low key and much prefer it quiet,
Introverts feel that what we do, really doesn’t matter
We often feel lost and alone, amidst the noise and chatter,

Sometimes we come across as shy or aloof, no wonder we feel alone
We prefer to communicate in writing and hate to use the phone
Often people think we’re stupid, if we take a while to reply
We sometimes get treated as if we’re dumb, it can even make us cry,

We’re quiet, thoughtful and sensitive, we like to think things through
We are cautious and reflective, in everything we do,
We’re good listeners and don’t say much, especially in a crowd
But one on one, we open up, we can even get quite loud,

We need patience and understanding, to take a more active part
We can have impact and influence, if we all open our minds and heart!



I am participating in the A to Z Challenge writing a blog post for every day in April, except Sundays. http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

Here are my previous posts for the challenge:
A is for Andante or Allegro, which one are you?
B is for Beauty of Birds
C is forMy Favourite Words begin with C
D is for It's Still a Delightful Day!
E is for Elusive Eloise
F is for Forgive and Forget
G is for Guilt
H is for Holiday in your Head

Comments

  1. "one on one, we open up, we can even get quite loud"
    100% true.
    Most new people, when they meet me, think I am arrogant. These 2 girls at a Paying Guest place I once stayed, told me (after we had become friends) that they initially thought of me as a "hostel matron". They said "we had no idea you were actually so cool and fun!"
    I guess that about sums it up, right.
    Happy AtoZing, Cathy!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because they’re introvert, don’t mean they don’t have a life.Introverts are lost souls that never really get heard over the clatter of extroverts

    Launching SIM Organics This April

    *Menaka Bharathi *

    *SimpleIndianMom*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great poem, as always, Cathy. Some people are naturally one way or the other, or sometimes, a combination of both. I used to be a lot more introverted (people called me 'aloof' and 'a snob' a lot) when I was younger, but became much more gregarious over the years. Now, it's about 50/50.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a fellow introvert, this speaks to me :) It's why I am more vocal in small gatherings and among people I know and love. I've been dubbed snobbish so often that I've lost track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For everyone to open their minds and heart...that's so important, Cat. People do try to minimize those who don't come forward. Hugs, Cat! Also, people tend to assume that introverts are morose. Which is so not true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference